Fact Friday - 10 of the best car facts.
Friday is upon us and to make the day go a little quicker we have listed 10 of the best car facts we could find.
1. Volkswagen builds 2.3m cars on the Golf platform every year - more than any other manufacturer gets from the same base.
2. The most expensive car for sale on Auto Trader is the £1,050,000 Bugatti Veyron being sold by Saffron Cars Ltd
3. The fastest production car around the Nurburgring is the Radical SR8.
4. The 195mph Nissan GT-R is the fastest production car ever built by a Japanese carmaker.
Here's some footage of the Nissan GT-R in action:
5. The engine bay of a McLaren F1 road car is gold plated because it's the best material for reflecting heat.
6. Buyers of a new McLaren F1 received a golf bag, tailored to fit on the passenger's seat and luggage holdalls with the motor's chassis number embossed on them.
7. The Porsche 911 was originally badged as a 901 until a disagreement with Peugeot who were using the ' 0 ' in their model numbering.
8. The latest Porsche 911 GT2 is the first ever production 911 to break the 200mph mark - hitting 204mph.
9. The Rolls Royce hood ornament is called the Spirit of Ecstacy.
10. A Rolls-Royce Phantom's leather interior is made from 15 different hides.
For more facts like this